WIP: Lower the max number of Gitaly calls
What does this MR do?
Lowers the maximum number of Gitaly calls permitted by the N+1 detector.
This is the first step proposed by @jacobvosmaer-gitlab:
I wonder if we could get more mileage out of the gitaly n+1 detector. It currently fails tests that do more than 30 gitaly calls. That is a very high number. We could try to gradually get that down to 10.
The general approach would be:
- lower the limit in a MR
- find out which tests fail in CI
GitalyClient.allow_n_plus_1_callsblocks around code that makes too many gitaly calls
- merge MR
- then one by one get rid of the
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated via this MR
- Documentation reviewed by technical writer or follow-up review issue created
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer