Allow public forks to be deduplicated
What does this MR do?
Implements the first iteration of deduplication for repository forks. By creating a third repository, where fork network members pool their objects.
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Not an issue to close, but part of: &189
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer
EE MR: gitlab-ee!8696 (merged)