QA scenario to add/edit/delete a file via the Web UI
What does this MR do?
Adds tests for Add/Edit/Delete a file via the Web UI.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
I had to add scope resolution operator (::) to
qa/qa/page/view.rbsince this PR introduces
QA::Page::Filepage object module that was clashing with Ruby's
Fileclass. Other option was to rename the
QA::Page::Filemodule but I could not come up with a better name. I thought of
FilePO(PO as in Page Object) but I did not like it.
I intentionally used
#editor>textareaselector for editor textarea instead of
.ace_text-inputsince the later is not there in the .haml file and therefore I could not add it to the
viewblock for selector coupling/ view sanity testing (
Why was this MR needed?
To improve test coverage and catch regressions around the file add, edit and delete functionality.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conform by the code review guidelines
- Has been reviewed by a UX Designer
- Has been reviewed by a Frontend maintainer
- Has been reviewed by a Backend maintainer
- Has been reviewed by a Database specialist
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- If you have multiple commits, please combine them into a few logically organized commits by squashing them
- Internationalization required/considered
End-to-end tests pass (
package-and-qamanual pipeline job)