Disable k8s certificate validation for develoment environment
What does this MR do?
Disables k8s certificate validation in development environment.
Why was this MR needed?
This MR allows easier use of local k8s installs. Currently, any local installation needs to provide CA certificate bundle to the GitLab instance, to allow validation of api server certificate.
However, in order for the certificate to be validated properly, used API url server address needs to match the address that is in CN of the certificate returned by the endpoint.
After upgrade to latest Docker-k8s I've had some problems finding working endpoint that is also returned in the certificate CN. So to move forward I simply disabled the verification.
Now I've created this MR to not need to manually disable verification. And I think this will also make the initial setup much easier as its very easy to find documentation how to get api url and token from k8s config, but CA cert bundle is a little bit more problematic.
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered
End-to-end tests pass (
package-qamanual pipeline job)