Resolve "New branch: validation on the name field"
What does this MR do?
Approach the "reward early, punish late" validation on the new branch from's name field.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
I don't think so.
Why was this MR needed?
Because the current validation on the branch name could be confusing (see the details here: #43279).
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered
End-to-end tests pass (
package-qamanual pipeline job)
What are the relevant issue numbers?