adds the CI_FAILED_STAGE variable indicating the stage that failed the pipeline for an `when: on_failure` job
What does this MR do?
This MR adds the environment variables
CI_STATE_STAGE_XYZ for each job / stage and as the value of each job / stage resp.
export CI_STATE_JOB_TEST=success export CI_STATE_STAGE_TESTING=pending
The job name or stage name is less limited in terms of allowed characters as opposed to environment variables, so the name will be sanitized by the following rules:
- all characters are uppercased
- one or more spaces are replaced by one single
- any other character than
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
- please check the correct gitlab version number in the docs
Why was this MR needed?
It fixes #35229 .
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered