Binary File Lock (EE option)
When managing a repository with binary files, it is important to have a mechanism to insure that more than one user does not modify the same binary file.
Ideally the system would have easy hooks to lock/unlock individual files or entire hierarchies through the web interface or API.
- Our developers works on binary files like images, word docs.
- Since these files can’t be merged, when they needed to be worked on, the dev would lock the file
- If another developer tries to modify the file when it’s locked, he gets a error message
..... lock any file via the web ui (and allow admins to unlock them) function ...
- ability to lock/unlock file with web ui
- pre-receive check on push - if commit changed locked file -> reject push
This feature needs to be build, put on the website, added to sales software, taught to sales. It will require more than release to do that, I expect.
- build feature as EE option
- make sure we can generate licenses for this
- sync with sales and marketing on release, pricing, etc (separate issue tbc)