Markdown issues: Checkbox inside blockquote status won't be saved.
We are using issue templates in our projects. To separate different tasks and their sub-tasks we are using checkboxes inside a blockquote together with a normal text as a heading. At least that was the plan. Sadly checkboxes inside a blockquote in markdown are, while formatted correctly, not recognised as such. Meaning
- they don't count into total to-dos (X of XX tasks completed)
- their status will not change by clicking the checkbox.
Steps to reproduce
- Create an issue.
- Add checkbox inside blockquote:
> - [ ] task
- Try to click the checkbox.
See this issue
What is the current bug behavior?
- the checkbox doesn't count into total to-dos (X of XX tasks completed)
- its status won't change by clicking the checkbox. Instead it shows a seemingly unrelated error message: "Someone edited this issue at the same time you did. The description has been updated and you will need to make your changes again."
What is the expected correct behavior?
I should be able to check the checkbox and it should count into the total to-do count.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
The preview renders the checkbox correctly, but it will not save! and be reseted after reload.
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com