Research Spike: GitLab Pages without DNS wildcard
In order to remove the need for wildcard dns, the namespace can be included in the URL path instead of the domain. Thus,
Questions to be answered
- What code changes would be necessary to implement this change?
- What implications does this have on access control?
- Could this option be configurable per group? or is it only possible per GitLab instance?
- A working prototype of path based namespaces for Pages
- Answers to the open questions above
- Any new questions generated during the research
- A recommended execution plan for future releases
This research spike should be roughly limited to one week