Support chart designer on source controlled dashboards
Problem to solve
We currently allow users to add charts to GitLab from the UI, but not for source controlled dashboards. We should allow users to use the UI to modify these, similar to what we are doing for re-arranging the charts themselves (#60011).
We should allow users to use the chart editor on source controlled dashboards, by:
- Exposing the button to add a chart, this should be open to anyone with Developer access for source controlled dashboards (to avoid the forking flow in this iteration)
- Allow a user to add the chart, which appears at the bottom of the page.
- When a chart is added, this triggers the "Save" button to appear.
- They can then re-arrange the charts as needed
- When a user is ready, they can click save to open an MR with the changes.
Permissions and Security
This should be open to anyone with Developer access for source controlled dashboards, to avoid the forking flow in this iteration.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Links / references