Test Plan for GitLab-EKS Integration
The Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS) is officially supported by GitLab.
In this, it is required to continually test the compatibility between GitLab and EKS.
With the current features implemented and future features that will be implemented; Any action taken on GitLab that uses the Kubernetes interface should work on EKS
Kubernetes Cluster [configuration] is
- Is able to configure/connect against any Kubernetes service, GKE or otherwise
- When configuring a Cluster, the connection is reliable.
Service Deployment is
- When installing Helm Tiller on a GKE cluster, expect the install to succeed.
- When installing Helm Tiller on a EKS cluster, expect the install to succeed.
- Any service installment has the expected state.
We should fully expect to have a QA E2E test written for this particular set of functionality. Similar to the feature spec of GKE, we should also have one for EKS.
What the scope does not cover
- #46686 - Creating an AWS EKS cluster from GitLab