Navigation Design Sprint Planning
The Design Sprint
The Design Sprint will last 4 days (TBD). Through each day of the sprint, we will progressively get closer to an actionable design solution. This sprint will include 1 PM and 3 Designers.
- Facilitator: Tim Noah @timnoah
- Victor Wu @victorwu (PM)
- Chris Peressini @cperessini (Designer)
- Kyle Mann @kmann (Designer)
- Tim Noah @timnoah (Designer)
The idea is to allow for one 1 hour meeting, on the first 2 days of the sprint, as a group. The full hour will most likely not be needed on both occasions but gives us enough time to discuss in detail.
How to deprioritize unneeded global nav items for specific roles:
- Business Analyst
- Business Team Manager
- Business Team Director
- Product Manager
- Zoom - Daily Meetings
- Mural - Sketching, Screen sharing and Brainstorming (Access to be given to everyone prior to Sprint Start)
- UsabilityHub - User testing
- Expectations for the following week.
- Meeting: We map out the problem, going into further details and pick apart the wider issues at hand.
- Async: Discuss further and talk about other potential lines of enquiry not covered on the call in the issue. Designers begin sketching ideas.
Ideate / Decide
- Async: Designers continue sketching ideas.
- Meeting: Each designer presents their work and we then vote (anonymously) for the idea(s) we believe work best.
- Async: Facilitator leads the effort in prototyping the design. We discuss user testing and begin preparations for this on Day 4.
- Connect Async on the issue as User testing begins. The facilitator will detail the main findings.
One MVC concept in prototype form, that has been tested with users and analysed against our understanding of the problem.