CI/CD doc structure plan
Type of issue
Improving an existing doc; e.g. adding a diagram, adding or rewording text, resolving redundancies, cross-linking, etc.
Problem to solve
Improve the structure of CI/CD documentation.
- Add an introduction to GitLab CI/CD and reorg
ci/README.mdinto a smoother reading flow. => #58323 (closed) // !27620 (merged)
- Add an illustration to
ci/REAME.md#overview. => #59110
Last proposal's draft.
CI Index Page
- Overview (links to introduction)
- Getting started
- Feature set
- Feature set (advanced)
- Admin (CORE ONLY)
Done by: !27620 (merged)
- Index page (who updates it; which concepts go there at what level)
- Concepts of CI/CD (Pipelines, Job, Runner, etc.) (including example workflow)
- Page: Example workflows/configs for dev teams using CI/CD
- Basic how-to/walkthrough - hello world - like Pages
- Yaml page