Create a registration service for Gemnasium
Problem to solve
The registration token approach for Gemnasium (see &532) needs a service that is able to manage the registration requests and the related identification of users.
The service will interact with the following actors:
- the Gemnasium service that will require authorization via the registration token
- the GitLab usage ping data (via datawarehouse?)
- users (via web interface?)
Implement a new service to provide the following features:
- new (automated) registrations for users, releasing unique tokens on success (via web interface and API)
- authentication of registered users, based on the provided token
- authorization of tokens, based on specific criteria (e.g., usage ping sent)
- users management, for GitLab team to support users and collect stats
The service will consist of a single instance hosted and run by GitLab (the company).
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Users are able to register and get the information via this service.