Always on issue tracker
- Currently you can turn off the issue tracker.
- This is unnecessary configuration. If teams don't want to use the issue tracker, they can not use it. Furthermore, it reduces problems such as #50469.
- We want to encourage issue tracker use, since issue management in GitLab (issues, boards, labels, milestones) is a powerful feature that we want to surface to users.
- You can also have both GitLab issues and an external issue tracker on at the same time, so there's no need to choose between one. You can have both. See https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/integration/external-issue-tracker.html.
- Proposal is to have the issue tracker always on.