Create custom emoji for individual projects
#48907 will implement custom emoji for the group scope. This does however not yet make it possible to have custom emoji in for example personal projects. Sometimes these projects can also grow large and thus they will eventually get a need for some more community features like custom emoji.
Puttin the ability to add/remove custom emoji in your personal namespace (meaning your personal settings that no one else can access) is out of the question. Custom emoji should make it possible for more than one person to add them in order to let the community thrive. See for more information #13931 (comment 86312705)
Note: This will need #48907 to be implemented first!
- Implement #48907 in the scope of a single project (Not personal namespace).
- Any project member can add custom emoji (meaning that this option should be made accessible to any project member)
- members can only delete their own emoji
- Maintainers can delete any custom emoji
- project transfers will not bring emoji along (future improvement)