Skip auto devops jobs based on license
Problem to solve
Currently, certain auto devops jobs do not run if user is on CE instance (ie SAST, dependency scanning) however we continue to show those jobs in the pipeline view of auto devops. Additionally, we currently run jobs that may not apply to the GitLab instance running them (based on license).
- Do not run Auto SAST jobs unless license = ultimate
- Do not run Auto Container Scanning unless license = ultimate
- Do not run Auto DAST jobs unless license = ultimate
- Do not run Auto Browser Performance Testing unless license = premium
$GITLAB_FEATURESand regex logic to determine which jobs to run
- If instance does not have the right license, skip all jobs that do not apply for that license
- Do not show skipped jobs in the pipeline view of auto devops
Additionally, it may be useful to indicate to the user:
- which jobs did not run
- why they didn't run
- how they can upgrade in order to run those jobs
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Cleaner pipeline view for auto devops jobs (less failed jobs) for relevant licenses.
Links / references
/label ~"feature proposal"