Support db migration and initialization for Auto DevOps template
Problem to solve
Apps need to have databases configured before they work, and migrations run when they're updated. Auto DevOps doesn't currently have any way to support migrations
- When apps are first deployed, they sometimes need a database to be initialized before they'll even start running
- When apps are updated and migrations are needed, they'll sometimes fail until the migrations are performed
- Auto DevOps needs to support database initialization and migration
- Support Helm post-deploy hooks to run migrations
- How can we know how to run database commands for every language? Some buildpacks have this built in, but some don't (notably Ruby/Rails buildpack). Ideally we'd just rely on Herokuish to configure this for us, but it doesn't work.
- Even if we have good defaults, some teams may need to customize their database initialization and migration commands.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
(If no way to measure success, link to an issue that will implement a way to measure this)
Links / references
- From #44396 (closed)