"README.rst#id1" always opens top of the page
On a rendered
.rst file on gitlab.com with ToC (Table of Content) enabled, you can click the section titles an obtain a link to that section, such as https://gitlab.com/%OUR_ORG%/%OUR_REPO%/blob/%OUR_BRANCH%/README.rst#id31
Accessing that URL, however, always opens the top of the page.
Steps to reproduce
- Open https://gitlab.com/ipa-mdl/industrial_ci (this is not my repo, but someone I know)
- Go down to a random section. Say, "Quick Start", and click the title. --> This generates a URL https://gitlab.com/ipa-mdl/industrial_ci#id5
- Open that URL on a different tab on your browser.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Opens the section that you clicked to generate the URL with
# at the end.
Also, on the same repo on a GitHub.com, https://github.com/ros-industrial/industrial_ci, link works as expected.
- Same as above, click on "Quick Start". It leads to https://github.com/ros-industrial/industrial_ci/#id5 and goes to ToC.
- On ToC, click on "Quick Start". It leads to the corresponding section in body "https://github.com/ros-industrial/industrial_ci/#quick-start
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com