Formulate plan to go from "hashed storage tested" to hashed storage GA
In #40744 (closed), @nick.thomas is working on making sure all tests also run when GitLab has hashed storage enabled. This is to help us go from hashed storage in "alpha" to "beta". Beyond the testing though - and the results of those tests, we need to formulate a plan to go to GA and to enable migration on GitLab.com to hashed storage.
- On Geo Testbed, convert subset of repos to hashed storage - observe and run test user scenarios
- Determine rollback method
- Then enable hashed storage, repeat tests and determination of rollback path.
- On Geo testbed, convert all, repeat tests and rollback paths.
- @jarv we'll need your help to run this through its paces and get us through the production readiness review. Please feel free to edit the issue with thoughts on the path to GA and readiness for GitLab.com