Hitting “escape” to close emoji picker in a discussion reply shouldn't clear reply
Originally noted in #40436
Hitting “escape” to close emoji autocomplete dropdown/picker in a discussion reply shouldn't clear reply. This happens in both issue and merge request discussions.
Steps to reproduce
- Visit an issue or merge request
- Begin replying to a discussion (create a discussion before if there's none)
:to open the emoji picker
- Press esc to close the emoji picker
- (The discussion reply text area is closed, instead of only emoji picker)
- Example issue: https://gitlab.com/pedroms/public-project/issues/2#note_48809698
- Example merge request: pedroms/public-project!1 (comment 48809893)
What is the current bug behavior?
In a discussion reply (issue or merge request), if the user presses “escape” to close the emoji picker, the discussion reply is cleared.
What is the expected correct behavior?
In a discussion reply (issue or merge request), if the user presses “escape” to close the emoji picker, the emoji picker should close. If the user then presses “escape” again (with the emoji picker closed) the discussion reply should be cleared.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com