Improve UX for Clusters workflows
In the last versions we released support for CI/CD > Clusters, and we iterated multiple times on the topic. We changed UX a few times, and decoupled issues to get the MVP done.
Now that the functionalities are done, it's time to take a look at the actual status and improve the UX of it.
Reconsider the whole UX of this feature, and improve the flow where needed. We need to achieve the following goals:
- ensure users have a clear idea about the flows they have to follow
- reduce the number of steps needed to get a new cluster
- improve the views to better show relevant data
This is one thing we can improve: at the moment we have a first view, with the choice between GKE clusters or Kubernetes integration:
If you choose the first option, another page is shown with OAuth2 authentication in case it's not already done:
We can improve it in the following way:
- if the user already has OAuth2 done, show the existing page (and then you'll be brought to the creation form directly
- if the user doesn't have OAuth2 done, show the Sign in with Google button directly, instead of a separate page
So, we can avoid a page just for OAuth2.