Scale apps with slider
Auto DevOps listens to variables like
PRODUCTION_REPLICAS to set the number of pods to spin up when deploying to production. We should expose this in the GitLab UI.
- In the Environments page, display the replicas setting somewhere.
- If canaries are used, display that information somewhere.
- Let people change the replica settings, perhaps using a slider.
- Redeploy when settings are saved. (We require a deploy to act on the new values.)
- In project settings for CI/CD, near or in the Secret Variables section, highlight special variables like
PRODUCTION_REPLICASand make it easy to create/edit them.
Links / references
What is it? Why should someone use this feature? What is the underlying (business) problem? How do you use this feature?
Who is this for? Provide one or more use cases.
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit.