We already provide some ways for people to control the configuration of their application. With Auto DevOps, you can use our default Helm chart, or you can provide your own. Auto DevOps listens to variables like
PRODUCTION_REPLICAS to set the number of pods to spin up when deploying to production. We should explore more configuration options, and make these first-class parts of GitLab.
- Make Auto DevOps configuration driven by variables: #37290
- Add more options to Auto DevOps configuration UI: #38547
- Scaling (with slider): #38543
- Auto Scaling: gitlab-ee#3584
- Idling: gitlab-ee#3585
- Deployment strategy (staging vs production) #38549
- Canary: #38550
- Services (postgres, redis, mongo, …): #32825, #38551
- Enable/Disable Auto DevOps jobs: gitlab-ee#3586
Links / references
What is it? Why should someone use this feature? What is the underlying (business) problem? How do you use this feature?
Who is this for? Provide one or more use cases.
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit.