Documentation for AWS QuickStart Guide
This is a sub-task of #29199.
Task: Write up the guide and technical documentation parts for the QuickStart.
Reference: Guidelines on writing the guide from AWS. If we need some help for the architecture diagram and/or about the writing, the AWS solutions architects will be happy to assist.
- GitLab AWS quickstart repo (WIP): https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-aws-quickstart
- Template: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68ZIssqzF3XdFluX3hTMXd0dmxPaGxDZGZXd2VUNlMtVV9r/view
- GitLab specific settings: gitlab-aws-quickstart#7
- GitHub Enterprise: https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/github-enterprise/
- Bitbucket Data Center: https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/bitbucket/
- Main quickstart page: https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/
Access needed to test
Access needed for the following to test:
Things that need to be included in the quickstart
Process updates in #37877 (comment 41784563).
- Specialized knowledge
- Technical requirements
- Step 1. Prepare an AWS Account
- Step 2. Get a License GitLab Enterprise Edition
Step 3. Launch the Quick Start
- Option 1: Parameters for deploying GitLab into a new VPC
- Option 2: Parameters for deploying GitLab into an existing VPC
- Step 4. Test the Deployment
- Additional Resources
- GitLab documentation