Improvements for Project Templates
In GitLab 9.5 we introduced Project Templates (#32420 (closed)). The templates are vendored and cannot be changed by users.
This issue is to track possible improvements, based on our vision and on feedbacks (that are already coming).
- Squash commits and override author #36899
- Custom project templates at the instance level #36943 (closed)
- improve current templates (add more features, as issue templates, default labels, project settings, etc...)
- make templates work smooth with Auto DevOps (#35712 (closed))
- add new templates to the vendored list
- allow predefined templates to be disabled/removed at instance level (#36943 (closed))
- group-level project templates