Improvements for Project Templates
In GitLab 9.5 we introduced Project Templates (#32420 (closed)): they are vendored and cannot be changed by users.
This issue is to track possible improvements, based on our vision and on feedbacks (that are already coming).
- improve current templates (add more features, as issue templates, default labels, project settings, etc...)
- make templates work smooth with Auto DevOps (#35712)
- add new templates to the vendored list
- allow custom templates to be added at instance level (#36943)
- allow predefined templates to be disabled/removed at instance level (#36943)
- group-level project templates