Improvements for Java language in CI/CD
Java community is a very big and established one, and even if there are a lot of different workflows and tools, there are also many common requirements and use cases that are common to this specific language development lifecycle.
We want to improve the CI experience of Java development in order to ensure that it is simple and rewarding to use GitLab without changing the basis of how Java programmers are working.
This meta-issue aims to collect important Java-related feature proposals and improvements, so we can analyze and prioritize them having a clear and open discussion.
Links / references:
Display test results directly in the browser
- Online visualization of HTML artifacts for public projects (#34102)
- Extend online view of HTML artifacts to private projects (#10982)
- Allow arbitrary build "results" (#13227)
- CI View for JUnit-style XML (#17081)
Integration with maven and binary repos
- Package server that can serve Maven and Debian packages (gitlab-ee#2752)
- Support for Artifactory (#18128)
- upload packages to Nexus repository (#21260)
- Document how to release to Artifactory (#31478 (closed))
- Create template for Maven integration (#32430 (closed))
- Tech article: Deploying Maven artifacts (#33329 (closed))