[Meta] Create Uniquely 'GitLab' Icons
One of our big UX goals is to define and distinguish our unique personality.
- When you look at any screen, you should know immediately that it is GitLab
- Our personality is strong and consistent across product and marketing experiences
Iconography is a powerful visual cue to the user and should reflect our particular sense of style.
Create our own set of SVG icons that fit in with our branding, illustrative style, and independent spirit.
This is a large undertaking so we will need to determine the best way to roll this out in iterative steps (if possible).
- New icons related to issues (#32959)
- System notes icons (#33503 (closed))
- Merge Request / Pipelines / Editor box icons (#33926 (closed))
- General icons (#33757)
- Contextual sidebar icons - Project / Admin area / User settings / Group(#34027 (closed))
Where to get SVGs
Links / references
Related Issue Issue 32807