Import project from GitHub results in empty project
When importing a project from GitHub.com to GitLab.com, using the GitHub Importer, the GitLab.com project is empty.
Steps to reproduce
- From GitLab.com, click New Project
- Under Import project from, click GitHub
- Log into GitHub (if not done previously)
- Find the GitHub project to import from the list of available projects and click Import
- Wait for the import to finish and click on the imported project
- Notice the project is empty with a message: The repository for this project is empty
What is the current bug behavior?
Imported GitHub project is empty
What is the expected correct behavior?
Project imported from GitHub should contain all the files from the original.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
Project on GitHub.com:
Empty project on GitLab.com:
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com