Replace PhantomJS with headless Chrome
Chrome 59 can now be run with
--headless on all platforms.
We should look into replacing PhantomJS with headless Chrome in our GitLab tests for more accurate and less error-prone integration testing.
This needs to be done in two places:
- Update docker images to include headless Chrome pre-installed (gitlab-build-images!41 (merged))
- Remove PhantomJS from these images
Update Karma config to utilize Chrome instead of PhantomJS (!12036 (merged))
- should require a simple change to karma-chrome-launcher
- Remove PhantomJS-specific hacks from our frontend tests
Update RSpec config to replace Poltergeist with a headless Chrome solution that works with Capybara
- could possibly use the selenium driver for this?