Limit personal account storage space
With GitLab offering the potential for guests to sign up and create personal projects, we need a way to ensure bad actors do not impact the server for others. One way to do this is to ensure they do not consume too many resources, like storage.
While a project can have a project limit, a user can simply create new projects. We need a method to limit total storage used by a personal account.
- Implement a server wide default personal account storage limit.
- Any personal projects that a user creates should apply to this account wide limit.
- Warnings should apply similar to how they do today on a per-project basis.
An area that needs discussion is how groups that a user creates are managed. Should they be treated the same as a personal project to prevent abuse of resources by simply creating a large number of groups? Or should they be independent?
Links / references
(Write the start of the documentation of this feature here, include:
- Why should someone use it; what's the underlying problem.
- What is the solution.
- How does someone use this
During implementation, this can then be copied and used as a starter for the documentation.)