Improve Environment Monitoring dashboard to support additional metrics
With the introduction of support for metrics beyond just CPU and memory, we will also need to improve our environment dashboard. Right now it shows just two metrics, CPU and Memory.
We should prepare for a larger quantity of metrics, each grouped under it's service name, and ones that may return more than one series in a query.
Support for additional queries
To keep the page simple and easy to render, we should:
- Group all of a service's metric charts together, under a simple title. The services should be ordered by the
Prioritymetric, lowest being most important. If a priority is duplicated, alphabetic order should be used by service name.
- Add a “Waiting for deployment…” state that re-uses the illustration from the currently implemented “Waiting for performance data” state.
- All charts are stacked (not in columns) if the total amount of charts on the page is =< 3
- If the total amount of charts on the page is > 3 display them in columns
- Odd-numbered charts are always full-width
|Waiting for deployment…||Filled|
(Write the start of the documentation of this feature here, include:
- Why should someone use it; what's the underlying problem.
- What is the solution.
- How does someone use this
During implementation, this can then be copied and used as a starter for the documentation.)