Make GitLab awesome for small to medium consulting companies
How can make GitLab better for small to medium sized consulting firms and their use cases?
Opportunities and solutions
- Small consulting firms may not be able to afford a lot of tools. They are a great area for growth with our wide feature set.
- We can engage them with CE, and then help them ramp up to EE.
- Consulting firms often have big clients. If the big clients see a smaller shop using GitLab and using it we'll, this is again more marketing.
- How can make our tool more professional? https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/marketing/issues/845
- Consulting companies need to support clients who log into their private instance and also see a subset of features and UI.
- Only see issues.
- More granular permissions (maybe)
- Continue on iterating on external users functionality.
- Get access to a review app environment to see an app in a test environment.
- Give feedback on issues or merge requests associated with a test enviromemt.
- Hide all the gory details of code. E.g. an activities view that shows only big events.
- Gantt charts and maybe issue boards to see progress. Burndown chats maybe too.
- Sometimes clients are purely business oriented. Sometimes clients are like partners and the code project is a collaboration between the consulting company and he client. How to make features to support that?