View recent searches in the issue search bar
- View recent searches in the issue search bar.
- This is just using the browser's local storage. So it does not need to be persisted to the system. If you use a different browser, if you delete your history, if you use a different device, you won't see the history. Those are features that are not in scope here.
We'll add a "History" button to the left of the search bar that opens a dropdown.
- The icon for the button is
- The width of the dropdown is
- We show the 5 most recent searches
- Search strings are shown in plain text, without the token style
- Each recent search can take up to 2-3 lines (we'll decide what feels good when it's implemented)
- If the search string is longer that those 2-3 lines, we cut it off with an ellipsis
- The value side of the plain-text token uses
- When clicking on a row, the search is performed. The previous search is replaced and the page reloads
Clear recent searchesis a stretch goal
- When there are no recent searches, a message shows up instead of the usual rows