Create release notes from closed milestone
When a milestone is closed, we could provide a link to create a tag / release for that milestone.
- The tag's name will be the same as that of the milestone, but conforming to git ref format specifications.
- The tag's release notes will be a list of the issues in the milestone, showing which were completed, and which weren't. This field is displayed with markdown so we can format to that.
Some nice extras:
- It would be cool to choose some labels to group issues by. Issues in more than one label could show up in both groups.
- We could link to the tag from the milestone's show page, and the milestone from the tag's show page.
- Because semver used to say that git tags are prefixed with a 'v', it would be nice to find associated tags / milestones by adding or removing that prefix, if we couldn't find a match otherwise.
A way to export and \ or transform the Issues list from a specific Milestone to a list. Preferred in Markdown script. So it could be used in a Tag description (as a changelog).
Create a Milestone issue list export button. Per milestone, in the Milestones overview tabs.
Preferred in a Markdown script. Like:
%Tag-name (only group-tags)%1 issue
%Tag-name (only group-tags)%
#99999[TAGS (non-group-tags), ...] My-Issue-Description
Links / references