Personal dashboard and project homepage > Make into smart dashboard
Currently the project homepage contains the project readme. This is also duplicated in the project repository.
With the addition of #19734 (closed), the project homepage can have multiple states:
- When everything is disabled it shows the 'customize your workflow' box
- When only issues is enabled, the issues list is displayed
- When the wiki is enabled, the wiki homepage is displayed
- When the repo is enabled, the readme is displayed.
- If the user has set activity view as their project home then that takes precedent over everything
The problem with this is that many times the project homepage displays information that is not useful to the user and this page becomes obsolete instead of informative.
I propose making smart dashboards. The user's personal dashboard could display relevant information pertaining to them, issues they are subscribed to, mr's they are reviewing, etc. This dashboard could be personalized. The project homepage could display a larger variety of information that is useful to the team as a whole (ex. if a team primarily uses issues, lets add a way to see the newest 5, create a new issue, team member comments feed, etc.)
/dashboardcontent displayed based on user preferences and can be different for every user
group/projectcontent displayed based on project preferences and is same for every user visiting it