Use machine learning to automatically classify issues/MRs
To be able to handle large amount of issues, I want them categorized and labelled.
Doing this manually is a lot of work. If we'd be able to automate it in a smart way, this would help us a lot.
We look to machine learning to automatically classify issues, which would allow us to:
- automatically set labels (easiest target)
- automatically assign something
You can have
description as input and
label as output.
A simple implementation would:
- on creation of an issue, send the issue title and body to a queue to be picked up by a TensorFlow worker
- a worker picks it up and..
- if the issue is labelled, uses it to train its network
- if the issue is not labelled, takes the title and body as input and returns suggested labels (
bug, to start
- the worker sets the label
Links / references
@zj for the idea