CI View for JUnit-style XML
GitLab CI/CD shows job log information, so you can dig into why tests fail, but it requires humans reading a bunch of text. Most languages/frameworks are able to output JUnit XML (or xUnit, NUnit, PHPUnit, etc.) JUnit provides several advantages:
- We can determine which tests fail, not just which jobs (when a job runs many tests)
- => We can display better summary information of failures
- We can determine time taken for each test individually
- => We can graph/analyze test durations over time
- => We can use test duration to balance parallel jobs
For these specific view, we should consider if we can force
always, so we can get failed tests results as well.
Implement a specific CI View (#35379) for handling this kind of reports natively.