CI View for JUnit-style XML
GitLab CI/CD shows job log information, so you can dig into why tests fail, but it requires humans reading a bunch of text. Most languages/frameworks are able to output JUnit XML (or xUnit, NUnit, PHPUnit, etc.)
For these specific view, we should consider if we can force
always, so we can get failed tests results as well.
A test summary CI view which displays the following data for each failed test:
- Test class
- Test case name
- Test status
- Test run time
- Stacktrace (containing failure type and failure message)
- System Out
- System error
This JUnit XML epic gitlab-org&187 contains the priority of iterations for the CI view.
- Display the first time this job failed #46613
- We can determine which tests fail, not just which jobs (when a job runs many tests)
- => We can display better summary information of failures
- We can determine time taken for each test individually
- => We can graph/analyze test durations over time
- => We can use test duration to balance parallel jobs
Implement a specific CI View (#35379) for handling this kind of reports natively.