Per-group Service Templates
It would be great if it was possible to specify the default set of active Services (and their settings) for a group's projects. For example, I would like all projects in a particular group to default to having the "Emails on push" service active and configured to send to a particular mailing list.
The https://gitlab.example.com/admin/application_settings/services page appears to allow admins to set site-wide defaults, but I would like per-group defaults as well.
Perhaps the UI could work like this:
- keep the site-wide Service Templates page as-is
- add a per-group Service Templates page, linked from the group's Settings page
- for each service in the per-group Service Templates, have an "override site default settings" checkbox:
- if unchecked, all of the service's settings are greyed out and the default settings for the group are the same as the default settings for the site
- if checked, then the user (group owner) is able to change the service's default settings for the group
- for the per-project Services page, add an "override group default settings" checkbox that behaves like the per-group "override site default settings" checkbox