Integrated development environment with Koding
I think it would be cool to quickly get from GitLab to a IDE, the basic plan after a conversation:
- In the file viewer next to 'Edit' that says 'Develop' that takes you to an IDE
- In an issue on the right side above participants have a section environments that lists the IDE's booted up
- Every repository should have a stack.yml file that lists how to boot the VM's needed for this
- The IDE should allow you to use your local editor, the browser will still show the terminal
- We should ship with this on both CE/EE and .com, it should be MIT licensed
- It should work with PostgreSQL
- When you're done you should shut down or pause the IDE and be taken to a commit view (or if you committed already a merge request view)
This will be great, for example in our company we can use it to get contributors set up with the GDK and to have non-engineers employees run Jekyll/Middleman.
Cross-link to CodeEnvy's work on the topic.