Async standup feedback
Hey Create group!
About two weeks ago, there was some discussion in #g_create about the Async Standups some other groups/teams have been doing using Geekbot in the following channels: #g_verify, #g_monitor, #analytics, #g_secure, #pmmteam, #g_configure, #infrastructure-lounge, #g_release, #docs-team, #g_manage_daily, #g_plan_standup.
- What did you do outside of work since the last time we spoke?
- What are you planning to do today?
- Is there anything you need?
☕, , maybe both?
As expressed in that Slack thread, I see this as a potential way for us to connect more as team members; the goal is explicitly not to check in on people's progress or replace any existing processes to communicate status or ask for help, and the questions are written with that in mind.
I'd like to give this a try for a few weeks, and then I'd love to know:
- Do you enjoy answering these questions, or does it feel like a chore?
- Do you enjoy and make time for reading other people's responses, or do you usually skip that?
- What do you think of the frequency? Right now it's a daily thing, but we can easily change that
- What do you think of the questions themselves? Is there anything else you'd like to be asked? Anything else you'd like to hear about from other team members? Are any of the questions not particularly useful to you? Are there too many questions?
- Any other thoughts?
All in all, I think we should only call this a success and continue doing this if people enjoy starting they day by answering these questions, and perhaps more importantly: if people enjoy reading other people's responses. If the first set of questions doesn't accomplish that, we can always change them and extend the experiment.