Geo support for Helm Chart
Currently, Geo is not supported for the
gitlab helm chart.
We should add the configuration required to enable Geo, as either primary or secondary.
geo_log_cursorcontainer based on
gitlab-railscontainer. This is a ruby application inside of the rails codebase, at
This container needs
database_geo.yml, and appropriate additions for the second database (not instance) in postgresql that is used for tracking the state (internal to the instance). This includes the need for setup and migrations.
- primary postgresql needs TLS & WAL
- Current directions dictate manual first replication of the database, and seeding of tracking database.
- This container needs access to Redis, as it sends work to Sidekiq via direct access to Redis.
- This container needs
- #1212 A chart needs created specifically for this container. It should be a singleton, as there is a locking mechanism which prevents more than one operating.
- #1213 To make use of Geo, the secrets/keys need to be shared between all nodes. Balancing the combination of Omnibus and CNG should be explored and documented. Current documentation has a manual copy of the secrets file itself between nodes.
We should ensure the configuration for Geo is added to our chart documentation. #1213
EE Epic for Geo's work:gitlab-org&944