Tweak trainee maintainer process
Opened for discussion.
- No buddy maintainers.
- Trainees post each review in their trainee issue using a template.
- The maintainers who reviewed the same MR are prompted by the template to give feedback:
Please add feedback, and compare this review to the average maintainer review.
- get more regular feedback from multiple maintainers.
- get directed feedback due to the prompt
- Is this a good idea? If the trainee isn't there yet, it may take time, which could be quite painful after some months. I tried to leave enough room to not force a hard "No, this review is not up-to maintainer level" kind of response.
- are invested in the process of training new maintainers.
- get manageable chunks of work.
- already have context during their MR review evaluation.
- can make a better overall judgement on the maintainer proposal MR.
In general, this process should result in a trainee issue with everything needed to make a decision, and no pile of work anywhere.
Same as above but keep buddies for discussing process and progress. This may be more supportive.