Updated GitLab Onboarding Buddies with clearer guidance, ordered list, backup option
onboarding-buddies based on feedback from corporate marketing new hire and discussions in PeopleOps Group Conversation on 2019-08-29
- Changed bulleted (unordered) list to preferred numerical (ordered)
- Per feedback from @monica_galletto, added "Encourage them to organize a group call with other new hires" for those who prefer a more social group new hire orientation experience (and linked to
- Added clarity and suggestions on Slack channel recommendations to build a stronger sense of community early in the onboarding process
- Added suggestion to ask them where they need help, directing them to experts on the GitLab team (e.g. new to a remote role, new to Git, new to Markdown, etc.), as discussed with @cteskey and the PeopleOps team on the 2019-08-29 Group Conversation
- Added request to provide a backup buddy if original buddy will be out during critical first few weeks of onboarding.