Managers with engineers track and encourage engineers to do the secure coding training
- What: Record which engineers have taken the secure coding training (via watching the videos and/or viewing the slides) and encourage those who have not done so to take the portions of the training relevant to them.
- Why: This reduces the chances of security issues being introduced into GitLab. More detail
- Who: Managers who have engineers reporting to them
- When: By the end of February 2020
- How: Managers to determine which of their team members has taken the class vs. not (via asking them and/or checking their onboarding issue) and update the table below accordingly. Team members who have not yet taken the class yet will be encouraged to do so by the end of July.
Handbook page: Keeping secure coding knowledge fresh in development
|Manager||Total # of engineers as of Jan 30, 2020||# of engineers as of Feb 28 who have taken the secure coding class|
If any data in the table is incorrect, please feel free to correct it.
Note: The # of engineers includes permanent and interim direct reports.
Have questions and/or ideas on how to improve this process? Please reach out to @whaber