FY20-Q3 Quality Team OKR: Grow the department to plan and improve onboarding experience => 73%
Key result: Hire 1 Quality Engineering Managers
- We have one candidate in the offer stage.
Key result: Hire 4 Test Automation Engineers
- E.B., Senior Test Automation Engineer, Enablement (starting Nov 11th)
- T.R.. Test Automation Engineer, Release (starting Nov 25th)
- We had one TAE offer in Q3 get rejected by the candidate due to our benefits package in their country. Those benefits are being reviewed by People Ops and we are hopeful that we may be able to send a new offer to this candidate in the future.
- At the end of Q3, we have one candidate in the reference checks stage and we are hopeful we'll be able to send them an offer very early in Q4.
Key result: Hire 1 Engineering Productivity Engineer
=> 100%, A.S. (started Sep 16th)
Key result: Source 50 Quality Engineering Managers
=> 100%, 68/50.
- We moved to linkedin projects with more than 50 candidates identified during Q3 https://www.linkedin.com/recruiter/projects/1094770536?projectId=1094770536
Key result: Improve department onboarding documentation for Test Automation Engineers, 15 revisions to the handbook
=> 100%, 15/15 improvements merged
Key result: Improve onboarding for Quality Engineering Managers, 15 revisions to the handbook
=> 45%, 7/15 improvements merged
- A strong pipeline allowed us to make hires for Test Automation Engineers (now SETs)
- We didn't complete the manager handbook updates, we made a rush in the last few weeks to check the boxes so it is questionable if we should have added this as an OKR. OKRs should be impactful and align with the business bottom line.
- Communicate benefits ahead of time and push for inclusion of benefits across GitLab's geography outside of the US