Escalation and console mini bootcamp
Somewhat separate from the onboarding template revamp, since this is for existing team members.
As we're encouraging more team members to volunteer and take on SE escalation and related console work, we thought it might be a good idea to have a mini-bootcamp or resource guide on where to even start.
Some things to include:
- following SE escalation label
- where/when to escalate further e.g. infra (in the works in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/gl-infra/infrastructure/-/issues/9477 )
- customers portals snippet page: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/support/dotcom/dotcom-internal/-/wikis/Customers-Console-Rails-Cheat-Sheet
- rails console guide: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/troubleshooting/navigating_gitlab_via_rails_console.html
- how to get access/instructions
- pairing session? with existing members
- be added to subgroup:
Note: Basic ruby and rails is a minimum requirement, which managers should consider before granting access.