[Feature Request] Add Ability To Download All Account Data
It would be nice to have a solution to download all of your account data in a single click manner. This would include:
- All your profile information. (Including SSH keys, and similar.)
- A list of all the groups/organizations your account is part of.
- A copy of every repository you have access to. (Including all data attached to that repo you have permission to access.)
- A copy of any issues/pull requests/forks/etc. you have made on your account.
- Basically everything that is attached to your account.
In light of the recent telemetry announcement, a lot of users are seeking other platforms to host their repos and such. As a user with a lot of private and public repos hosted on GitLab.com, it would be nice if I could easily, in a single click, get a copy of all my data so I can shut down my account if this new data collection change is pushed forward. Most other major sites/companies have adopted this information policy due to new laws such as the GDPR and giving users proper control of the data they own.
Along with this, the wording of how the EE version of GitLab is being handled is extremely vague and open-ended leaving room for things to be slipped in down the road. So for me, I'm planning on discontinuing all use of GitLab until this change is killed off.