GitLab 2018 Engagement Survey Results
First! Thank you for taking the time complete the Engagement via CultureAmp.
Overall we had 94% of GitLab team members complete the survey.
For the survey we did benchmark against - 2018 New Tech Mid Size Companies (200-500 team members)
Participation % results by function
- GitLab - 94%
- Engineering - 95%
- Finance - 100%
- People Ops - 93%
- Sales - 91%
- Marketing - 96%
- PM Dev - 100%
- PM Ops - 100%
- Exec (Sids Directs) - 85%
Overall we did score above the industry benchmark for all categories except for Action.
Highest 3 scores
- 95% - I am proud to work for GitLab
- 94% - I know how my work contributes to the goals of GitLab
- 93% - GitLab in a position to really succeed over the next three years
Lowest 3 scores
- 32% - I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- 33% - My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- 43% - I believe my total compensation (base salary+any bonuses+ benefits+ equity) is fair, relative to similar roles at other companies
3 Focus areas CultureAmp has identified to consider for action
- Leadership - The leaders at GitLab demonstrates that people are important to the company's success
- Feedback & Recognition for good work at GitLab
- Learning and Development - I believe there are good career opportunities for me at GitLab
Comments- Slide 18 reviews the % of comments by category
- Negative comments - 4.2% Salary, Systems & Resources 5.8%
- Neutral comments - 6.4% recognition, 4.6% Product and Services
- Positive comments - 7.6% Leadership, 6.5% Manager
The slides to review for GitLab can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OYpkvZqTOPA836_Vl64fk58xY3ZEqO9l?usp=sharing
While we understand there are a lot of important things to work, we feel we will be most successful if we can focus on 1-3 issues. Not that we will ignore other focus areas we will work with each functional groups to help identify 1-2 areas that would be most beneficial to the organization.
Thanks and look forward to your feedback regarding the results.