L&D Monthly Announcement 2022-03-03
📆 March Monthly Announcement from the Learning and Development team
Happy March! Check out this issue and related video for upcoming programs offered to team members from the L&D team, and a share of results our team saw in February!
📹 Watch the announcement video
Use this link to watch this month's announcement video. The video is 2 minutes long and highlights key opportunities and results from L&D for this month.
🎒 Upcoming opportunities
Take time to learn this month with some of the following programs coming from the L&D team
- Sign up for the next cohort of our Manager Challenge in May 2022.
- Sign up now for the May cohort of Crucial Conversations
- Skill of the Month is a manager's special, focusing one of our Leadership competencies - Building High Performing Teams. We'll specifically be looking at Stage 1 - Orientation for new Team Members. Keep an eye on the #managers slack channel.
- As a manager, you play a key role in mitigating risk for your team and the company. We have launched a course in GitLab Learn designed for managers to learn more about Mitigating Risk. Managers have received an email as well as a notification in Gitlab Learn that the training has been assigned.
✅ Last month's key results
Check out a few key results that the L&D team produced since our last monthly announcement:
- 38 team members completed the February Manager Challenge
- 65+ team members paired in the Company-Wide mentorship program
- Hosted successful LifeLabs Learning pilot
🤝 Questions and feedback are welcome!
Use the discussion threads on this issue to ask questions and provide feedback to the L&D team. We appreciate your thoughts and ideas to make Learning and Development for team members the best experience it can be.
Team Review: @gitlab-com/people-group/learning-development